Wednesday, October 21, 2009

College Fair Wrap up, Rapid City Fair, High School Visits

Greetings! Time sure flies when you are having fun. I officially did my last college fair for the 2009 college fair circuit. A little sad, but exciting as well, because now I will be following up with all of you great students that stopped by my table and filled out a card. I am sure there will be plenty of other outreach events that I will attend and I can’t wait to get out there and talk to our prospective students.

I must let all of you know that the Emily Pier and Alesha Limbo, BHSU admissions reps, will be at the Rapid City College Fair tomorrow at the civic center and they would love for you to stop by the Black Hills State University’s table. They will have general information to share and invitations to the Rapid City Reception, www.BHSU.edu/RapidCityNight that is coming up on October 27th.

Black Hills State University hosts multiple receptions throughout the year, and what makes these events fun is that bring BHSU to you. Faculty, Current Students, Student Life, and Admissions Staff will all be there to answer any questions and give a sample of what campus is like. The best part about receptions is that simply by attending you are eligible to win a $500 scholarship, which is drawn at the end of the program.

Next on the agenda for me are High School Visits. I represent North Dakota and Northwestern South Dakota and I will be setting up appointments with many of the schools in that area, but if you want to be sure that I get to yours contact us and I will be sure to set a visit up! I will be out and about throughout November and the beginning of December.

I sure wish that all of you could have been on campus and attended our recent theatre production. Blood was written by a Black Hills State University student and our students put on a great show. The BHSU Theatre department performs 4 shows during the academic year and one is always a musical. They are always very entertaining productions.

A shout out to Bison, SD Juniors and Seniors! It was great having you on campus today and good luck with that football game tomorrow night.

Laura Weber – Assistant Director Admissions
Black Hills State University – GO YELLOWJACKETS!

No comments:

Post a Comment