Monday, October 19, 2009

Application Process

Hello All!

I hope everyone enjoyed the Preview Day on the 9th! I hope that you all were able to experience the parts of campus that you wanted to see! Now is a great time to start thinking about the application process. Seniors may apply at anytime and I highly encourage it. The application is simple to complete and you can do it right online at www.bhsu.edu/apply or one can be mailed to you. You will also want to notify your high school and have your high school transcript sent to the Admissions Office. If you have taken your ACT or SAT test, please include those scores with your transcript. Also remember, there is a $20 application fee that needs to accompany your application.

After you have applied and we have received your transcripts, you can expect to hear about your admission status within two weeks. We will notify you my mail of your status but you are more than welcome to call our office at anytime to check. It is also a good idea to begin thinking about the scholarship application too. The scholarship application is also available online or a paper copy can be mailed also. After completing your application for admission, look over the scholarship application and begin thinking about how you would like to answer the questions. You may then complete the application at anytime.

I hope to see lots of applications over the next few weeks! If you have any questions, please call your Admissions Counselor and either myself or one of the other counselors will be happy to help you. I hope to hear from you soon!

On another note, Happy Monday to all!

So I have returned to the office from two weeks in Colorado and while I am happy to be back, I miss visiting with all you wonderful students! You were all so great to meet and I hope to be hearing from more of you soon! I hope that you have all learned some valuable things about Black Hills State University, such as the great programs that are offered and the new happenings on campus. Our new science building and Student Union have created a great deal of new opportunities for our students and we sure hope that they will be able to give you the same opportunities.

In the upcoming weeks before Christmas, I will begin traveling to Eastern South Dakota to individually visit high schools. My territory is Eastern South Dakota that is North of Interstate 90 so if you live in that area, let me know! I would love to try and come visit you at your school! I will try to be traveling to most schools over the course of a couple weeks but if you want to ensure that you will get a chance to have your questions answered or pick up any material, please send me an email or give me a call.

Farewell from the Office of Admissions!
Emily Pier
Admissions Counselor
Black Hills State University

2 comments:

  1. hi, i signed up online for the November 7th preview day and it said that i would be receiving a confirmation letter in the mail, but i have yet to receive it. I was just curious as to what i should do...also i do not know of any other paperwork i will need after my acceptance letter. Should i call the school or wait a week or so more for additional information?
    thanks again,
    Anna burek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,

    I just spoke with Alesha, your admissions represetative and she informed me that you are indeed signed up for the November 7th Preview Day! As soon as we get all of the documentation we need to complete your admissions file, (official transcript, ACT scores, application, and application fee) it will take a few weeks to hear back from us. Have you submitted all of the required items?

    Thanks!
    Maria Hartung
    BHSU Admissions

    ReplyDelete