Thursday, December 3, 2009

Spearfish & "The Road"

You know the best thing about being out on the road – coming home again!! I hope all of you have had a great Thanksgiving break and are ready to finish out the year in style. I have been out and about for the majority of the last few weeks and man did I have some great times.
We continue to register students for the Spring Semester and there is still time to apply and become a Black Hills State University Student by 2010. Contact the Office of Admissions if you have any questions – Admissions@bhsu.edu or 1.800.ALL.BHSU.And for those students that are interested in attending BHSU Fall of 2010, there is no better time to APPLY as the SCHOLARSHIP priority deadline (February 1) continues to draw closer.

I had some incredible High School Visits, tons of students came to speak with me and of course I gave them tons of information. I do have to give some shout outs – South Heart HS, Scranton HS, Mott/Regent HS, Hettinger HS, Bowman HS, Faith HS, Timberlake HS and McIntosh HS!! There are some incredible students from all of these High Schools. I hope to see you all on campus real soon. College Application Day at Standing Rock HS was an awesome morning as well! I hope that if you haven’t heard that I will be stopping by your school and you would like me to that you would let me know right away. I can’t wait to schedule my next round of visits.
I do truly enjoy being on the road and all highways I get to travel always have something interesting to check out. Amazingly enough, people are still harvesting corn and sunflowers, hunters abound, and even a couple of rather large bucks were seen roaming western North and South Dakota. But as I said before there is no place quite like Spearfish, SD to come back to. Coming from the rolling prairies to the Black Hills really is an awesome sight to see. Not only is the scenery great in this area but there is always tons of stuff to do. The snow is falling and the ski slopes officially opened last weekend. I need to try and take that sport up again – I haven’t done it since I was in Junior High so it could be interesting. Even in the winter it is hard not to be outside here! I know this weekend they are doing the Christmas Stroll down town; I can’t wait to go and really get into the Christmas Spirit and hopefully finish up some Christmas shopping. OH YEAH – then tonight the BHSU Yellow Jacket Basketball teams are playing South Dakota School of Mines Hardrockers, can’t miss taking in BHSU’s oldest rivalry. It is always a great game. I definitely can keep a full schedule of activities – hardly going to have time to actually wrap those presents!

Okay – I will be done informing you all of my social calendar!!! I can’t wait to welcome all of our Preview Day guests tomorrow; it is going to be great to have you all on campus. As always if you want to know more you know where to find us.

Laura Weber – Assistant Director Admissions
Black Hills State University – GO YELLOWJACKETS

No comments:

Post a Comment