Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolutions

The long anticipated Holiday Season is in full swing! Although the weather put a few major kinks into my plans, it still has been great and festive; I hope the same for all of you. I still have to make plans for New Year’s Eve, oh and make my New Year’s Resolution!


Wow – resolutions! You know when I think about it, I make resolutions year round. My to-do list that I keep on my desk is like one giant resolution filled with smaller ones! It always does feel really great to cross one of those off, but I suppose to think even deeper into the New Year’s Resolution, you can’t count a to-do list, this one needs to be a big one that really calls for a commitment. I am going to have to continue to think about mine, but I have an idea for all of you students trying to figure out what to do next – Your New Year’s Resolution can be:
APPLY – www.BHSU.edu/Apply
SCHOLARSHIPS – www.BHSU.edu/Scholarships


Now I know that I said your resolution should require commitment, and these tasks do, but really both applications are very simple and shouldn’t take you more than 30 minutes to fill out, but you are committing to moving towards furthering your education. Not a bad resolution and an excellent thing to commit yourself to!


It doesn’t take too long to fill out our Scholarship application, but scholarships can definitely become a commitment, because you are not only going to want to complete the BHSU scholarship application (by February 1) but continue to explore and seek out scholarships that are available in your area, region, and even nationally. Scholarship money is the best money to receive; you don’t have to pay it back!!


The Office of Admissions is still busy accepting students for the Spring 2010 semester. There is still time to become a BHSU student before the Spring semester starts on January 13. We are also very busy planning for events coming up at the end of January and through February. Preview Day, Sheridan and Gillette Receptions, Career Fairs, Business Expos, Athletic Tournaments, College for a Day…. Just to name a few. Check out our BHSU on the Road Calendar to see if we are in your area.


I better go and figure out what my resolution will be. Stay tuned to see what I figure will be worth a commitment!! Next time I blog it will officially be 2010 – man a whole decade into the new Millennium. I wish you all a prosperous New Year!


Laura Weber – Assistant Director Admissions
Laura.Weber@BHSU.edu
Black Hills State University – GO YELLOWJACKETS

No comments:

Post a Comment