Thursday, August 12, 2010

Introducing Student Blogger, Kyle!

Hi, my name is Kyle. I am a senior at Black Hills State University majoring in Speech Communication with a minor in Military Science. Since I became a student here, I have slowly but surely found myself involved more and more with my campus and its organizations and I decided that since I like this place so much, you might too. Basically, that is the purpose of this blog. I am going to tell you all about the fun and interesting things I am doing here and hopefully you might think they sound fun and interesting too.
So, to introduce myself a little more thoroughly, I am a senior and a Speech Communication Major with a minor in Military Science. I am a member of the South Dakota Army National Guard and I am also a Cadet in the ROTC program here. My plan after I graduate is to (insert Forest Gump voice) “Do whatever the Army tells me too, Drill Sergeant.” On graduation day in May, I get a diploma and a Second Lieutenant’s rank all in the same day. It is pretty exciting. I am also involved in Student Organizations here on campus. I am a Yellow Jacket Delegate. The Delegates assist the Office of Admissions with recruiting students for our school. So if you stop by for a tour, you will mostly be guided by one of us, and there is a pretty solid chance that could even be me.
Campus lately has been pretty interesting, as far as the summer goes. We have bikers from the Sturgis Rally staying on our campus, which definitely adds a new sound to the background noise we get to hear as we walk to our cars. It is fun though, and I am a firm believer that different is good. Besides, I will gladly surrender my Black Hills to these motorcyclists for a couple weeks to get so many good concerts just twenty minutes away!
As crazy as it is to hear, the first day of school is only two and a half weeks away. Wow, that seems just around the corner! If you are going to apply, I recommend giving us a call as soon as possible. I have mixed feelings about the first day of school coming up so rapidly. On one hand, I may shed on little (but still manly) tear at the death of the summer. On the other hand, I am tired of only seeing my school friends on Facebook. It would be nice to catch up and speak to someone face to face. I am also excited to make new friends. We are a small school, but I make new friends every semester, and I am pretty sure this one will be no different.
Well, that is about all for now. (Can you tell I am a Speech Major?) Again, with school only two and a half weeks away, jump on our website as soon as possible and fill out the application: www.BHSU.edu/Apply. If you do it online, it will help get the ball rolling faster. I hope to see you in the Fall!

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment