Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Choosing Classes, Meeting Classmates, and Becoming an Official Yellow Jacket

Art, English, a science course – probably biology, for sure College Algebra – before I forget everything I have learned about math, and room for one more course, oh the possibilities! Do I want to take my wellness course, or maybe I should do Fly Fishing and a World History course? I wonder what time of the day I will be able to have my classes. I want to be able to fit in some part time work and then of course I want to be sure to have enough time for studying and doing projects for class, oh, and don’t forget some free time to have a little fun!

These are the conversations that begin to fill the Jonas Computer Labs on the Black Hills State University Campus come New Student Registration. How exciting it is to be able to start to plan your own schedules and explore some new areas of interest when planning your Fall 2011 schedule. Students also get the opportunity to begin to meet their new classmates, receive their housing and roommate assignments, and receive your very own student ID card, or what we like to call the Buzz Card.

New incoming students that have been accepted to BHSU can sign up for New Student Registration (NSR) now! Head to the BHSU website at: www.BHSU.edu/NSR. There are 6 days available with 2 different sessions available each of those days. Find one that works best for your schedule and then you can join in on the conversations that I was talking about before. Parents or supporters are welcome to join you for this half day on campus to learn more about what your college experience will be like and how they can support you.

If you are still going through the application process, get in your necessary information now so we can start thinking about the next step and as always, if you have any questions, we in the Office of Admissions are ready to help.

Gotta run, I need to catch the Yellow Jackets Men’s Basketball team’s game in the first round of the national tournament!

Go Yellow Jackets!!

Laura Weber
Assistant Director of Admissions
Black Hills State University

No comments:

Post a Comment