Friday, March 5, 2010

TGIF

TGIF! Hello from a very foggy black hills region. I hope that you all have had a fantastic week. Now is about the time that the rest of your school year is going to fly by, so enjoy it! I know, you don't want to hear that when you are in high school, especially the last semester of your senior year. I remember people telling me to "enjoy it" and "take it all in," but in reality, I just wanted to get out of school and graduate already! It is so true though, definitely take it all in.

We recently sent out our first award letters to freshman scholarship recipients. Congratulations to all of those who received them! There are still plenty of opportunities to be awarded scholarships, so don't loose hope just yet if you weren't one of the early recipients. Also, if you haven't already submitted a scholarship application, make sure and do so at www.bhsu.edu/scholarships.

I hope that you all have completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), or are planning to do so very soon. The BHSU FAFSA priority deadline was March 1, but that definitely doesn't mean that you still can't submit it. What the priority deadline means is that if you are chosen to be awarded grant monies, there is only so much available for us to give out. Therefore, the sooner you complete the form, the better your chances of getting the best award possible. The FAFSA and financial aid process in general can be very confusing and stressful. I know that I was completely "out of the loop" during this whole process when I was going through it. Therefore, definitely ask for help if you need it. Student Financial Services is here to help address any questions or concerns that you may have. They can be reached at 605-642-6145, or you can also call 1-800-255-2478 and ask for them specifically. You can also email them at bhsufinancial@bhsu.edu. Don't be afraid to ask for help!

I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend. Carpet and other flooring shopping is on the agenda for me. I have been shopping for these items for quite some time now, so I am ready to finalize things... FINALLY. Wish me luck! :)

GO JACKETS!

Maria Hartung
BHSU Admissions Counselor
Maria.Hartung@bhsu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment