Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Wait

I know that you all have been waiting with baited breath to find out what my New Year’s Resolution is. At first, when I was writing last weeks blog, I thought oh I will just do a pseudo resolution – no one will know if I did it or not and well, I am usually not very good at keeping them. But then I thought of one that is great and really important to me so I am going to try my hardest to stay committed to it. You will have to wait just a few paragraphs more to find out what it is though; we have some business to take care of first.

Black Hills State University is still accepting applications for the Spring 2010 Semester. There is still time to get everything in line and start classes on January 13. If you have not yet registered for courses for the upcoming semester, we invite you to attend General Registration on January 13. There are two sessions available: 8:30am and 10:30am, if you have applied the BHSU and been accepted, go ahead and register for Gen Reg at www.BHSU.edu/RegisterNow. The Office of Admissions is really working hard on getting applications taken care of and we are excited to greet you on January 13!

For students in High School – welcome back to classes! It has been a crazy week with the weather here in SD so some of you had a couple of unexpected days off. I am sure you are enjoying them and what better time would you have to fill out a Black Hills State University Application for Admission as well as our Scholarship Application! There may also be time to work on those other scholarship applications before many of the deadlines pass.
Don’t forget about Dual Enrollment. If you are interested in taking BHSU courses for High School and College Credit you still may be able to arrange that with your high school Guidance Counselor and BHSU. Email the Office of Admissions –Admissions@BHSU.edu - if you are interested in learning more.

I bet most High School Students are starting to feel the crunch from parents, teachers, and counselors to get college applications done. Here is some information that may be helpful to get you started:
When can I apply?
You may apply after completing your Junior year of High School.
Where can I find an application?
You can apply online – www.BHSU.edu/Apply OR request an application be sent to you by calling 1.800.ALL.BHSU or emailing the Office of Admissions – Admissions@BHSU.edu OR your counselor may have an application guide in their office that they would be able to give you.
How much does it cost?
Black Hills State University’s Undergraduate Application Fee is $20. We accept cash, credit or check.

Stay tuned or check out our website – www.BHSU.edu/Admissions , to learn even more about the application process. If at anytime you have questions in regards to the Admissions process or would like more information about BHSU in general, please contact the Office of Admissions at 1.800.ALL.BHSU or Admissions@BHSU.edu. We love to talk with students!

Okay, now that you have read through the past 5 paragraphs, it is time for your “reward”! My New Year’s Resolution is………to contact my friends and family on their Birthdays and other big events throughout the year. I have always attempted in the past, but this year I am making a commitment to remembering these dates and important people in my life. I will keep you updated. I will be accountable if you are all checking up on me!! Here’s to New Year’s Resolutions and furthering your education. Until next time, CHEERS!

Laura Weber – Assistant Director Admissions
Laura.Weber@BHSU.edu
Black Hills State University – GO YELLOWJACKETS

No comments:

Post a Comment