Thursday, November 19, 2009

Spring Registration and HS Visits

Greetings again from the fearless admissions counselor Laura!!! We always have so much going on that I could write a blog post every couple of hours and they actually would all be about different things. We have held two receptions since I last chatted with you all. One in Sioux Falls, SD and one Pierre, SD. Thanks for welcoming us to your area and making them great events. I love receptions because I always learn something new at every single one of them. Today I visited with Evan from Rapid City. He actually won the $500 scholarship last year at the Rapid City Reception. He was still very excited about the money he will be able to use towards his tuition. Congratulations to all of our scholarship winners!

Guess what – new incoming students for the Spring Semester will be able to start registering for classes on Monday!! I am sure all of you are very excited to take the next step in becoming a BHSU student. Registration can be set-up by calling the Registrar’s Office. If you are still thinking you may want to become a student of BHSU this Spring, but not sure where to start call the Admissions Office – 1.800.ALL.BHSU.

I hit the pavement again next week and I am traveling to various locales in western South Dakota and North Dakota before the big holiday hits on Thursday. I can’t wait to create some great stories on the road. Speaking of stories on the road – we were traveling home from the Sioux Falls Reception and one of the current students that had offered to help out was traveling in her own car. Well, just outside of Kimball, SD her fuel pump went out. The staff van that I was traveling in had left after her and so we were able to help her out and make sure she returned to Spearfish safely. Luckily they were able to tow her car into a shop and actually fixed in less than 2 hours, but we were able to spend that time in Kimball!! It was a great visit and I have to give a shout out to Ditty’s Diner – they have free WIFI and great food. What more could we ask for.

Like I said, there is always an adventure on the road to be had. I will be visiting McIntosh, Lemmon, SD and Belfield, South Heart, Dickinson, ND just to name a few. And one other super important stop, my own high school SCRANTON, ND – go Miners!! Check out our On the Road calendar for further details. I am so excited to get out there and chat with the students again. If you haven’t heard that a representative is stopping by your high school and you would like us to, give us a call we would love to come and visit.
Can’t wait to have new story for you all soon!

Laura Weber – Assistant Director of Admissions; Black Hills State University – GO YELLOWJACKETS

No comments:

Post a Comment